When we bid goodbye to 2019, our organization was elated to have advanced our mission through the following key accomplishments:
- Awards of Excellence provided to qualifying AP Italian students across the USA .
- Advocated for the successful reinstatement of Italian courses , including AP Italian, at the illustrious LaGuardia High school in Manhattan.
- Worked closely with our partner, the College Board, to promote student & teacher resources;
- Engaged via social media to educate on the vital importance of Italian language & culture.
As we usher in 2020, we are prepared to increase our resources and advocacy work including:
- A dynamic partnership with the Consulate of Italy to offer nationwide professional development opportunities for teachers of Italian
- Enhance the student membership program to offer Student Internships;
- More collaboration with the College Board, to bring exclusive ILF Member offerings to students and teachers of Italian.
- Communications to corporate sector to raise more awareness of our work;
- An ongoing, vibrant social media presence to highlight Italian art, culture, commerce, business and educational resources.
Our goal is to build a community of students, teachers, schools and partners committed to our mission to promote and sustain Italian language education in the United States. Join us in 2020 in support of AP Italian language studies throughout the U.S. & Canada.
Margaret I. Cuomo, M.D.,
Louis A. Tallarini,