The Italian Language Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission to promote and sustain Italian language education throughout the U.S is excited to present the 1st Annual Teacher Recognition Awards. The Awards will acknowledge the commitment to excellence for ILF Teacher Members.
The Italian Language Foundation expects to award two ILF Teacher Members with a Teacher Recognition Certificate and $1,000. Teachers can be nominated by a ILF student member, ILF Teacher Member colleague, a parent of an ILF Student Member or a school administrator. Nominations will be accepted from November 1, 2020 through November 30, 2020. Awardees will be announced on December 15, 2020.
What is the Italian Language Foundation (ILF) Teacher Recognition Awards?
The Italian Language Foundation (ILF) is excited to present the 1st Annual Teacher Recognition Awards to acknowledge the commitment to excellence for ILF Teacher Members.
Who is eligible?
Nominations will be awarded only to current teachers of Italian who are ILF Teacher Members. Teachers may be nominated by an ILF student member, fellow ILF teacher member, administrator or parent of an ILF student member.
When can I nominate a Teacher?
Nominations begin November 1st and end November 30th, 2020.
How do you nominate a Teacher of Italian who is an ILF Member?
You must fill out the online nomination form.
What are the criteria for nominating a Teacher of Italian?
- Only ILF Teacher Members are eligible to become award recipients.
- Only an ILF Student Member, fellow ILF Teacher Member, parent of an ILF student or a school administrator can nominate a Teacher.
- Any incomplete applications not submitted by the November 30th deadline will not be considered.
- Any nomination forms received that are not ILF Teacher Members will not be considered.
- Potential awardees must receive a minimum of two nominations to be eligible for the award.
If you are not a Student or Teacher Member and wish to join the ILF to Nominate a Teacher, please register via: https://www.italianlanguagefoundation.org/members/
What are the criteria categories?
Teacher candidates will be holistically evaluated on the basis of outstanding achievement in the following categories:
- Best pedagogical practices: Application of best or core practices in language instruction that foster language acquisition and proficiency.
- Technology integration to redesign the classroom: Innovative approaches that integrate technology into a course program to attain learning outcomes and/or improvement of students’ proficiency.
- Promotion of Italian language program within or external to the nominee’s school: a. Community involvement and interaction outside of the school. This may include a special project that involves an entity (company, organization, etc.) outside of the school environment; b. School or institution initiative that supports the growth of the program.
What do Awardees receive?
Award winners will receive a Teacher Recognition Award Certificate from the ILF and $1,000 for teaching materials. Winners will be announced and featured on the website of the Italian Language Foundation and on all of ILF’s social media platforms.